Thursday, January 22, 2015

Toddler Thursday 3

Ritu calls me by different names. She calls me Amma, mumma, ammi, mommy, Arya, muchukku( I sometimes call her that and now she calls me back) and so on. One morning, I was brushing my teeth. Ritu, who just woke up from her sleep, came to me and asked,"Kozhiyamme kozhiyamme, enthedukuva?". (Motherhen motherhen what are you up to?).

From our '365 days- photo everyday' project
It took me a minute to recover from the shocked-cum-surprised-cum-amused mode. But then I asked her,"kozhikunje kozhikunje Amma pallu thekuva. Kozhikunju nannayi urangiyo?"(Baby chick babychick I am brushing my teeth. Did you sleep well?)
This time, I could see that, she was amused and her eyes were twinkling. This went on for many more days with A being called 'kozhiyachan' and MIL as 'kozhiachamma'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment